August 28, 2012

Let's Talk Tuesday!


Hola Readers! I am digging the title of this post.....kind of catchy, eh? I think I might incorporate it into a future link up. *wink*

There is so much to talk about and one topic doesn't necessarily have a direct correlation to the next. So instead of just announcing this as a ramble post, I wanted you all to dig a little deeper and figure it out on your own. Doh! Too late. 

Hmmm - a few weird things to talk about that has happened to me in the last 2 days. (And both happened at work!)

1). My computer crashed (again) at work. I was on the internet while running reports and boom.....kaput. (Kaput is courtesy of my High School German class. One of the few words I can still recall to this day). 

Anyway, I digress. So yeah, I had to scramble around and send a report to one of my broker's via a co-workers computer. This was a last minute, under the wire, kind of report. I was leaving straight up 4 and this report had to be sent. And so it was. 

Now, I'm not 100% sure what the deal is with my work computer, but this is the 2nd time I have killed a computer in a month's time. Like dead killed. New hard drive killed. Today, our IT guy was asking all of the normal questions......"What were you doing when it crashed?" My reply, "Working - running a report for XXX and maybe lurking on the internet a bit." "Was anything acting weird when it crashed?" My reply, "No sir. The screen unexpectedly froze up on me and I couldn't kill anything with the task manager, so I shut it down right away. When it rebooted, I got this error you are seeing now." His response......"Interesting." My thoughts during this whole convo with the IT guy......"Please! Oh Please! Do not let him know I was in the middle of pimping my blog when this happened. What if one of the sites I was on was crazy infected with viruses. They all looked legit, but who I am? I don't know this stuff!?!?!? I just relied on my friend google to teach me how to pimp my blog and look what happens. Shit! I'm doomed. 2nd hard drive to crash in a month. So going to be fired for this one. FO SHO. 

After about 4 -5 hours of wasted time, I finally got a new hard drive and I was up and running. (The funny thing is that the computer I got today, was the same computer I crashed a few weeks ago, just new and improved. And with Windows 7! Boom!!)

So that was my morning.

Then, not even 30 minutes after I get my computer back and begin working diligently (seriously, scared to even say internet around my computer now), the power goes out. Not just a little flicker and it's back on. I'm talking a transformer blew and wiped out a few blocks worth of badness. Of course, our sophisticated system allowed our computers to come back on, so that sucked. 

Cons with power going out:
Still have to work - they freakishly maneuvered all of our computers to still work, even in a situation like this. Bastards.
The tv isn't on the "resuscitate no matter what" list, like our computers are. Bastards.
The water filter system doesn't work and we all were sporting empty glasses. Bastards.
We are on the 20th floor and the nearest food place is in the basement. The elevators were out of order, due to lack of electricity. Bastards. 

Pros with power going out:
No pros. Bastards. 

Let's recap. We can't watch tv, but we can work. We can't eat or drink, but we can work. We can't go anywhere, unless we want to book it down 20 flights of stairs, but we can work. Bastards.

The electricity came back up about 45 minutes later. Bastards. I was hoping for an early escape from work. bwahahahaha

Moving on....

Who watched Bachelor Pad last night? Ermahgerd. What a riot that show is.

First of all, I know that Chris is not a popular guy these days due to his actions on Bachelor Pad. Of course, no one really liked him on the Bachelorette, but I kind of have a soft spot for Chris. (I'm an underdog kind of person, what can I say?)



So last week I was super excited when Kalon spilled the beans and convinced Chris to take Erica with him into the voting room. That turned the whole night around and Erica and Michael went packing. (Erica was voted out and she got to choose ANY guy in the house to leave). Power play!

This week, Chris and Sarah were the complete underdogs! (GO TEAM!) They pulled out their safety for the week, by spelling SERENDIPITY correctly (and by the skin of their teeth).

Ed and Jacqulyn came in 2nd place, so that got to go on a romantic getaway where Ed professed his love for someone else. Doh! Jacqulyn, who is dumb, naive, and obviously horny didn't think too much of Ed's confession and continued to play the part of his stand-in lover. (Hey Jac....um you know Ed has the bad boy reputation already. I mean he broke Jillian's heart a time or two. Don't you read the tabloids?)

I couldn't help myself. I had to peek ahead at the spoilers to see what happens. I have never, ever, ever in my life watched Bachelor Pad, so how it ends shocked me. (the whole keep/share mumbo jumbo). 

Oh Bachelor Pad.....how trashy thy art thou.


Anybody watch Big Brother? Double Ermahgerd. Funny how Bachelor Pad and Big Brother are paralle. (Frank vs. Chris/Sarah - everyone is fighting like hell to get rid of them and they just.won't. go.)

Ian - what a crack up! That kid is HILARIOUS! He is just coming right out of his quiet, innocent shell he was once living in. 




Anyway, I will write more about BB tomorrow, after it airs. I think things are about to get vewy, vewy interesting. 

Stay tuned! 



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments!! xoxo