August 2, 2012

Fluffalicious No Mo


Yeah I know two posts in one day. Don't get used to it!

After I posted the "It's okay Thursday!" post, I ran into another link up I wanted to take part in.

These two ladies have started a link up about weight loss and getting healthy. You can find them
here and here. Although I don't think either one of them need to lose an ounce of weight, I totally understand wanting to get healthy.

So, I decided to join in on the fun! (Just go with me on the fun part)

All In My Twenties

As you know I started the Couch to 10k program a couple of weeks ago....well actually last week. I just did week 2, day 1 today. (Due to the encounter with the alcohol over the weekend, I was pushed back a few days, so my schedule is all whack-a-doodle now.)

Anywho, once upon a time I was skinny. I was a size 3-5 out of high school, after having baby #1, and baby #2. Eventually I went to a 7, then a 9, and then all the way up to a 14. I was almost to the point of out weighing my husband. I was steps away from 200 smackaroos (and I'm not talking money here)

It's funny how things like weight can just sneak up on you. I swear I woke up one day and was like "Holy Sh*t! Where did this fat come from?" After discussing weight loss options with a co-worker, she convinced me to see a weight dr. She had much success with it, so I took the bait. (Yeah, I'm such a sucker for a good gimmick). I started on the diet Nov. 11 of 2008. By New Years Eve, I was down 17lbs. By February/March of 2009, I was down 30lbs. It was a low carb, high protein diet. Eating several meals a day, but also included diet pills. I had never felt better. I looked good and I was confident. It was the best feeling in the world!

Eventually the summer rolled around and I didn't want to "diet" anymore. I wanted to drink beer and have fun with my friends. And that I did. Up 10 pounds - no big deal, I will just work on it in a week or so. Up 20 lbs. I still feel okay, and nobody can tell - right? Up 30 lbs. What was I thinking? I wasted all of that hard work, not to mention money. I ruined a good thing.

To this day, I still go see that weight dr. every month, but it's not the same. He would give me anything I wanted, as long as I paid for it of course, but I don't have the motivation to follow the "diet" again. I feel hopeless.

The working out part isn't the hard part for me, it's the eating that gets me. I know that eating right will eventually pay off, but there are days that I would hurt tiny creatures for a big ol' juicy burger. I know diet is in moderation and you should eat a burger, if you really want a burger, but some days that's all I want for like 7 days in a row. Plus fries. And maybe a shake. It's a slippery slope and I slide fast. Face first.

I've read a lot of blogs. I have seen a lot of inspiration and I know what I need to do. The hard part for me is the following through. "Don't waste a good workout by eating crappy food." "Abs don't come from working out, they come from eating right."

Food will always be a lingering thought for me, which is why I am 100% reliant on diet pills. No they are probably not the safest thing for me, but in reality if I have taken them, then it's easier for my mind to think I'm not hungry. "No silly, you're not hungry. You just had your pill. All will be well in just a minute."  Now don't get me wrong, I am not starving myself. I eat 3 meals per day. Some good, some bad. But lemme tell you...on the days I don't take my pills, it's like a flood gate. I am raiding cabinets and vending machines, etc. It's all in the mind for me.

What I want is to finally break free from the "oh my gosh I think I am going to die if I don't eat right now and I will eat anything just to satisfy that hunger" moments. I'm a sucker for diet coke and would love to kick this coffee in the morning habit. I hate coffee, I really do. However, I have this fascinating concoction that calls for a lot of creamer and 3 sweet 'n low packets per cup. I typically have 2 cups per day.

I want to eat meaningful meals that are fun, not boring. I want it to be a lifestyle change that is easy to maintain. Because as we all know, when things don't go as planned, it could be VERY dangerous when it comes to food and gorging.

I want to be an inspiration to my kids, so they know just because you are "old", doesn't mean you are fat and lazy.

I hope I can be an inspiration to you, as you will be to me. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but let's tighten up our seat-belts and grab our helmets.

Are you ready?

Here is my before pic. (Sorry - no skin.)


My attempt at a self-portrait. Not good. Not good.

Photo of me - with my daughter's help. 


This is me today, 8/2/2012 - fresh off the treadmill after completing a Couch to 10k workout. As you can see, I could definitely use some help in the stomach, legs, and ass area. (I know you can't see my ass in this picture, but I promise you it's there!) I have a FUPA, ya'll! A FUPA! Some of you know what that is, for those of you that don't - google it (or urban dictionary)! It is the most humiliating part of my body. I hate it!!!



We can do this! Cheers to all of us....soon to be....Skinny Bishes!! xoxo
Signature3.1

6 comments:

  1. Omg. Fupa. You're funny. Good luck w your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE YOU!! You just said FUPA on your blog! LOVE it! For the record you do NOT have a fupa! Ive seen them and that is NOT one!!

    Love your post and I look forward to your updates!! Thanks for linking up lady!!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um Yes, I do! I chose to not introduce you to my gurgly friend, yet! haha

      Side view, up close and you would totally see it. Distance front shot, with tight shorts on, not so much! Thanks for doing such a fun link up! I'm excited!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Amanda! (following you back, hun!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find here ideas to inspire me and tips to make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Yay for comments!! xoxo