July 3, 2013

Hi Friends!


Wow! It's been awhile since I have done this. Like 4 months awhile. 

I'm loving the new space, thanks to Hubby Jack for fixing it up for me. 

Anyway, now that I have my new space, I promised myself I would write more. I just spent 2 hours moving photos around in Photobucket. What a nightmare. I was trying to be diligent and move all 2000+ photos to the appropriate file, but that didn't last long. I can't for the life of me move one picture at a time to the correct folder. Instead, I made an "uploaded 070313" folder and dumped everything  there. From this point one, I will organize photos appropriately. With that being said, I'm sure I just mucked all of my previous entries photos. When you move photos, after you have already used them in a post, it wipes them out. So frustrating, but it is what it is. 


So...you might be asking what's been going on with me for the past couple of months. Here's the rundown:

I'm still running! Not as often as I was, but I'm still trying to get out and run at least once per week (read: once every 3 weeks). Side note: we ran a very slow, pathetic 2 miles last night and I felt like I hadn't ran in 6 years. It was awful. End side note. 

My goal is to get back into a normal running routine. I have a million excuses why I can't, but ultimately, those excuses only hurts me. 

I did get this little update yesterday and I was pretty proud of it! Hopefully the next 6 months will be better! 




Remember when we got this little guy? 
Here he is today:
I still love him - even if he weighs a ton!

He's the best pet! Besides the occasional rooting of the yard and the fact he can open our back door, he's truly one of the best pets we've had. He is just so cool. He's smart, independent, loves to eat, loves to sleep, loves his belly rubbed, and can do a few tricks. He's so much fun.


In April, we said goodbye to one of our favorite people....."Old Grandma" It still doesn't seem real that she's gone. We all miss her dearly.

We started playing softball again.
This time with our church, in an exclusive Church League. It's been a lot of fun and it's keeping us on our best behavior. We are so competitive that it's natural for us to slip a naughty word here or there. Luckily, the worst thing I have said so far is "fruit". I'm trying to be a good girl... :)

I started a new job on 6/3. I took a leap of faith and decided to do something different. I was at my previous job for exactly 2 1/2 years. There are so many things I loved about that job, except the job itself. I'm more of an Accounting type of girl and that wasn't really Accounting. It was more Finance, which I hate. Anyway, it was a great company with awesome benefits, but the job itself and personalities of some folks made me decide to get back into a small office setting. I have been here for exactly one month today and I'm loving it so far.
It's nice to have a laid-back atmosphere and be able to laugh and listen to music, without upsetting anybody. Seems petty, but I'm serious about it being a "no-no" at my other job.

I'm still working on getting fit and healthy. When Old Grandma passed away, I was down 10lbs from where I am now. I would like to get back to that point, but I don't want to gain it all back as quickly as I did, once things settled down. I have been pretty lacks in eating right. Working with guys is different, because they eat. I feel like I eat like them, when we eat together. When I worked with girls, it was easier to eat lighter and to "diet" more.
I'm trying to stay aware of what I'm eating, so I can't blame anyone but myself, when the scales are yelling at me. Today's weight wasn't the best, but it wasn't horrible considering I haven't exercised much lately and have eaten a ton of ice cream this summer. I picked up this little gem last night and can't wait to dive into it.

If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you saw this already, but I thought it was pretty comical. I bought a book explaining why I'm fat and then I left the bookstore and bought ice cream. I mean, it is "skinny" ice cream and the book does say "eat more, cheat more, lose more"....just sayin'!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments!! xoxo