July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!


Runner-up to Christmas, 4th of July is my favorite Holiday! 

I've always been a sucker to patriotic colors. In fact, when I graduated from community college, my party theme was patriotic. So festive!

My hometown in Kansas has always had the BEST Fourth of July celebration. From a 5k run, to turtle races, to the silver sand pile, to basketball tournaments, to sand volleyball, to the parade, to the baby contest, and finally the best fireworks show. (I'm missing several events, but you get the jest.) It's one day full of events...fun for all.

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home."


Because this year's holiday fell on a Thursday, and we have to work tomorrow, there's just no way we could possibly make this work. I'm bummed, but today we are going to spend the day on the lake, playing on the jet skis and soaking up the sun. 

Finding fireworks in this area, is never a problem. Because we live so close to the Indian Reservation, we have fireworks all around us and the city always does a display at the lake. Really, we are blessed to have so many options, readily available. 

Anyway, enough of that. I have been a pinning fool on Pinterest this week. As I told you above, 4th of July is one of my favorite Holidays. I even have a board on Pinterest, specifically for the 4th of July. 

Here are a few pins that make my heart happy.....












Wishing you all a HAPPY AND SAFE 4TH OF JULY! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments!! xoxo