July 20, 2012

Heavy Hearts

Today is typically the day we celebrate Friday with a great link up of Friday's Letters. Unfortunately I will not be celebrating "Friday's Letters" today, I only have one letter to write and that is to Our Heavenly Father.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please watch over the innocent victims of this terrible tragedy in America. Please be with their loved ones as they grieve the loss of those who passed and please heal the wounded. Please give them peace and strength to heal quickly. 

We ask that you unite America, again, during this devastating situation. The residents of Colorado need our unity, so they can pick up the pieces and recover from this horrific tragedy.

I ask this in your name....AMEN


America is struck by tragedy, again. Tonight I write with a heavy heart after seeing/hearing news feed about the horrific shooting in Aurora, Colorado. 

I'm sad, angry, and feel completely helpless. 

The individuals impacted by this devastating situation had no idea that going to a movie would end up so deadly. I just can't fathom their fear as they heard the gunshots firing over and over again. 

I truly hate that we have such violence in our world. I truly hate that there are people in this world that think blowing up a lot of people is okay. It's not okay. We have men and women over seas fighting for our country, fighting for our freedom and we are turning our backs on each other? Killing fellow Americans?!?! I don't get it. I don't get how this happens. 

Please say a prayer for the victims, their families, and the emergency response crews that are working countless hours to remedy this situation. 

Signature3.1

2 comments:

  1. It is a sad time for America - united we stand - in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very sad time for America! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Yay for comments!! xoxo