November 25, 2013

Tis the Season




Happy Monday! If you were like me this morning, you wanted to stay in your bed all snuggly warm. 
It is always a small irritation to me when my husband is on vacation all week, but I have to get out of bed and go to work. Yes, he has stuff to do around the house and with the kids, but still....he doesn't have to work work. I'm jealous, okay?

This is how my Monday started. 2 cups of coffee and 10 creamers. It's an obsession for sure....that probably needs to go away. 


Coffee aside...let's move on to my real point to this post. Thanksgiving is one of my all time favorite Holidays. I like food, so of course it's one of my top 3 favorite Holidays. Bring on the food, family, and fun!

We celebrate Thanksgiving by traveling to the Land of Oz and spending time with both sides of our family. It's typically a rat race from start to finish, but we've been doing it for 10 years and will be doing it for many more. We're thankful for the quality time and the memories....and my mom's Pumpkin Pie. :)

My 2nd favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the greatest shopping day of the year...

Except this year, there seems to be extra hate for us Black Friday Shoppers that like to go out on the evening of Thanksgiving. It's just wrong, they say. So are drugs and murder, but it still happens. 

Here's my thought: Retailers like the almighty dollar. That's why they entice people like me for great deals. Yeah, it sucks for the cashier standing at the cash register for all hours of the night to check out crazy goons, like me, but it's their job.

 

Color me hateful, but I often wonder if these same complainers are peeved at the grocery stores for being open for those last minute forgotten items, or the gas station that was open to allow the family to fill up the car before traveling to Grandma's house.

Yeah it sucks....but people work all of the time during the Holidays. The military, the police officers, the doctors at the emergency room....the list goes on and on. 

So excuse me why I tend to not feel sorry for the Holiday retail workers. I've been there, it sucks, but it is also a paycheck. Be mad at your company....don't be mad at me. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments!! xoxo