February 26, 2013

I was running!

The last couple of weeks, Sundays specifically, the hubs and I head out to complete a 3 mile run. We have a race coming up in a month, so we have been trying to get some decent training in on the nice days. A few weeks ago, I completed my first 3 mile run - without walking - in I don't know how long. It was incredible.

Fast forward to this past weekend and we did this:



Our Splits.


It was a struggle at first. My music kept messing up and my pace was way off.  I was getting so pissed. I wanted to quit. Scott even suggested it at one point. I finally got my music situated and wanted to keep running. And running. I don't know what happened, but I didn't want to stop. We did have to take a few breaks as the hubs started cramping and over heating. At that point we were at 3.84 miles. I suggested we keep going, with the wind at our back. I really wanted to get 5 miles in and we were so close to it. So close. 

We continued on and stopped when we had to, but never for very long. Our last 1/4 - 1/2 mile was straight into the wind. It wasn't a fun way to end, but we finished a 5 mile run! Something I haven't done in a long time, if ever! It was pretty exciting and I can't wait to get 5 again, or maybe even 6!

Post Run Pics

Sneak peek of our church pics!



My babies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yay for comments!! xoxo